“Keep it Simple” they say.
That’s easy for them to say, they don’t understand the roller coaster ride of entrepreneurship or at least they have never experienced it first hand. But then again, why can’t we as entrepreneurs “keep it simple”?
How many of you actually have a written plan and are executing to that plan today? What are your top 3 goals for today? How do they help you achieve your plan? If you didn’t have an answer to the first two questions then the last one would have been moot.
Let me keep this post simple and pointed:
1. Have a plan.
2. Know and review your plan daily.
3. Set realistic goals to achieve your plan.
4. Measure your performance against the plan to ensure you are meeting your goals.
5. Have daily tasks and prioritize these tasks.
6. If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it – know your numbers and manage them, from sales to finance.
7. Know when to say “no”.
8. Define your target market, and go after it. Avoid distractions from sales that are not in your focused market – they will suck the life out of you.
9. Referrals – get some.
10. If this doesn’t seem simple to you, seek advice, hire a business coach and/or someone to take on this task on your behalf.
Take the time now to do this, start with the basics then add to it. Keep it simple and know when to seek help, don’t be too proud. This list can be made easy for you to complete through the help of an experienced individual.